Damien Gaiters is the AMPT Internship Coordinator. He will assist in the development of the student talent by providing instruction, direction, and opportunities to sharpen and execute skills within the musical and production areas of technology.
A native of the small city of Calera, located in Shelby County, Alabama, Damien graduated with honors from Jacksonville State University in April 2006 with a degree in Music Education with an instrumental concentration and a vocal add-on. After graduating from JSU, Damien began his career in the Douglas County School System. During his 16-year tenure in the DCSS Damien:
- · has taught at three of the five high schools.
- · built the DCHS Band from 32 members to 150+ members
- · opened the county’s first “magnet school,” and served as the Fine Arts Magnet Director.
- · works as the County Resource Teacher for Band.
- · has also been a music, visual, and conducting clinician throughout Georgia and Alabama.
Damien is married to his wife of 16 years, Stephanie, who is also an educator. They are the proud parents of Brandon and Breonna.